Sol’s mission is to turn the tide on Earth’s greatest challenges. 🌏
We’re building a metaverse for personal and professional evolution. It helps people understand who they are, imagine who they could be, and then close the gap. 🧬
Not gonna lie, it’s pretty fucking cool.
Who we are
🦾 Our family means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious, and driven individuals and experience building the next version of the internet.
🏔 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global fully distributed company.
🚀 Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a huge impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
What’s on the table
- Run through walls. A ship fast environment as we build the metaverse alongside Epic Games and NVIDIA
- A seat in the cockpit. Help steer the plane as we chart a new course for planet Earth
- Build something new. A high level of autonomy and responsibility to create a new company and culture
About the role
In this role you have opportunities to establish Sol’s core Data foundation, both on the data platform and platform-level data products. Your work will drive deep insight into our business, products & users, as well as enable data driven user-facing products.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and build core data platform and pipelines that consist of in-house event collection pipeline, messaging & stream processing platform, stream processing pipelines, Schema management infrastructure & tools, Data lake integration and various other related technologies.
- Design, build and improve higher level tools & services to make the platform and data accessible to everyone.
- Conceptualize and build platform-level data products that leverage raw data, apply heuristics and/or machine-learning, to bring relevancy and delightfulness to user-facing products.
- Help scale our platform and pipeline to handle 100x scale.
- Ensure standards for engineering excellence, scalability, reliability, and reusability
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years experience building scalable, resilient backend systems.
- World-class problem solving skills and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience working on, and deploying & managing large scale systems in Java, Python or other similar languages.
- Experience and deep understanding of Kafka or other messaging, queuing and stream processing concepts or systems.
- Familiarity with architecture of event collection pipelines and analytical data stores.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You are able to take complex product goals and efficiently deliver working software in logically consumable pieces and on schedule.
- Possess excellent practical judgement. You should know how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems
- You take pride in your work
- You enjoy working with fun people
Bonus points if you have experience or are eager to learn about
- AWS ecosystem
- Test- or Behavior-Driven Development (TDD, BDD) practices
- ETL workflow management and orchestration system (Airflow)
- Datastores such as MongoDb, Postgres
- Information security standards & methodologies
- Container (Docker) and container orchestration experience (Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Experience designing and building personalization and recommendation systems.
Sol is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Sol celebrates and embraces diversity.